When communication feels awkward, anybody, including college students need Ice Breaker for College Students. Break the stiffness. Make everyone happy, make them laugh, have it fun with funny questions that break the silence.
Ice Breaker for College Students: Classroom
In the classroom, Ice Breaker for College Students will come very handy. Well, actually the questions can be used in many settings, not only in college. As long as it is in a classroom, they can be used. Here are the samples:
- What book/movie would you change the ending to if you could?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What was a “total freshman move” you made when you began college?
- Who is your favorite (name of a country) president?
- Have you ever failed at anything? If so, what?
- What’s the best class you’ve ever taken?
- What is your favorite word?
- If you could speak and be heard by everyone in the world for one minute, what would you say?
- What acquired skill have you always wanted to learn?
- If you could only take two books on a desert island, which would you take?
- If you could instantly learn another language without studying it, which one would you pick?
- When you were little, what book did you love?
- What was your senior quote in high school?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you could create a (crazy) law, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite planet in our solar system?
- What made you choose (school/university/college name)?
- What fictional character would you like to meet?
- Who would you have dinner with if you could have it with any person, living or dead?
- What is your favorite day of the year?
- If you could go back in time, but couldn’t change anything, what time would you go to?
- What were you involved in in high school?
- If you could major in anything and be guaranteed a steady job after college, what would pick?
- Who is your role model in life?
- What was the last book you read?
Fun Questions to ask college students about Culture
It is so much fun to use Ice Breaker for College Students, especially when discussing about culture and all aspects related. You can make use of these:
- What is your all-time favorite song?
- If you could go on one reality show, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What band were you obsessed with in middle school?
- Who is your famous actor/actress lookalike?
- What’s something that you love that everyone you know hates?
- What’s your current favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?
- What would you go viral for on the Internet?
- What restaurant do you eat at way too often?
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
- What book/movie/show can you watch over and over again without getting bored?
- What is the cheesiest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Are you a die-hard fan of any sports teams?
- Who is your celebrity nemesis?
- What sport is your favorite to watch?
- What song always gets stuck in your head?
Student Icebreaker Questions about Biography
When meeting new friends in college, it is the best time to get along with them. Here are some Ice Breaker for College Students, especially to talk more about their personal life.
- What was the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
- What one thing (stuffed animal, blanket, etc.) did you carry around as a baby/young kid?
- Have you ever had five minutes of fame? When? For what?
- What’s the coolest thing your family’s ever done together?
- What’s the most interesting story your grandparents have ever told you?
- What word do people use to describe you most often?
- What style decisions do you regret from your middle school days?
- What would people be surprised to find out about you?
- If you could relive one day of your life, which day would you choose to relive?
- What year of your life has been your favorite so far?
- If you have a tattoo, what does it mean to you? If you don’t, what tattoo would you get?
- What was your first job?
- How many people are in your family?
- What is the first memory you have?
- If your house caught on fire, what would be the one thing you’d save?
- What sport is your favorite to play?
- Are you more like your mom or your dad?
- If you could only meet one, would you rather meet your great-great grandparents or your great-great grandchildren?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you?
- What is your nickname?
- Who are you closest to in your family?
- If you could choose another name for yourself, what would it be?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Do you frequently get mistaken for someone else in your life?
More Specific and Personalized
want to use more personalized Ice Breaker for College Students? getting ore specific? use the following selections:
- If you could have an unlimited amount of one item, but only you could use the item, what would you pick?
- Which season of the year is your favorite and why?
- What would be your ideal superpower?
- What food do you think you can you cook better than anyone else?
- If there were 25 hours in a day, what would you spent the 25th hour doing?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you have any key chains, and if so, what do they mean to you?
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What is the best prank someone’s ever played on you?
- What is the worst gift you’ve ever received?
- If you won the lottery but only had one day to spend the money, what would you buy?
- What talent have you always wished you had, but don’t?
- What’s your least favorite day of the year?
- What do you pretend to hate but secretly love?
- What food are you always running out of at your house?
- If you were only allowed to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What (in your opinion) is the prettiest place to be on Earth?
- What would you name your boat if you owned one?
- What’s something on your bucket list?
- Where’s the best place you’ve ever gone on vacation?
- What’s your favorite type of candy?
- When you wake up, what is the very first thing you do?
- What is one thing in your life that you couldn’t live without?
- If teleportation were possible, what would be the first place you’d teleport to?
- What is your funniest “first world problem?”
- Out of your five senses, which sense do you think you could live without (sight, smell, touch, sound, or taste)?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten from someone?
- What do you love but rarely buy for yourself?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What do you take everywhere with you?
- What is your dog/cat named, and why?
- If you could shrink any animal to puppy-size, what animal would you own?
- What was your New Year’s Resolution this year?
Other 100 questions for ice breaker game
- If you could buy any type of food what would you buy?
- What color is your tooth brush?
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
- What is one of the things you would put on your “bucket” list?
- Who is your favorite super hero and why?
- Who do you admire the most?
- What is your favorite summer activity?
- If a movie was made of your life what genre would it be, who would play you?
- If you could be any flavor of ice cream what ice cream flavor would you be and why?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character and why?
- If you could go any where in the world where would you go and why?
- What is your dream job?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is one thing that annoys you the most?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite thing about someone in your family?
- What is one of your weird quirks?
- Describe your self in 3 words.
- If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would it be and why?
- If you could talk in your sleep what would you say?
- What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
- What is your favorite joke?
- What would you do on Mars for fun?
- If you could get yourself anything, what would you get?
- Where is the worst place you could get stuck?
- What would you do with your “15 minutes” of fame?
- Where would you go if you where invisible?
- What is your favorite flavor of “Berty Bots every flavored beans”.
- What is the one thing you own you wish you didn’t?
- Describe the perfect kiss in 3 words.
- What is your biggest addiction?
- Do you have a song that reminds you of a relationship if so what song?
- How many books have you read so far this year?
- When I dance, I look like…?
- Who have you met that you wish you hadn’t?
- If you were famous what would you be famous for?
- What is the worst job you could have?
- What is your favorite T.V. channel?
- What is the thing your most afraid of?
- If you could paint anything what would you paint?
- What celebrity annoys you the most?
- What is the most interesting thing you have in your purse/wallet?
- What is the meanest thing you’ve ever said to someone?
- If you could get a yacht what would you call it?
- What is your life long dream?
- If you could talk to the President what would you talk about?
- Have you ever tried to do something you know you would be really bad at?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how “cool” are you?
- What is the best advantage to being really tall?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?
- What TV sitcom family would you be a member of?
- What store do you shop at the most?
- What new technology will transform the future?
- What supply in your house is running low?
- If you could be any nationality what would it be?
- What is the most delightful word you can think of?
- What is your least favorite beverage?
- What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
- If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?
- What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
- If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- What city in America should not be included on a map, why?
- What compliment does people give you the most?
- What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean?
- What product would you refuse to promote?
- What is your favorite pet’s name?
- Use one word to describe your computer ability?
- If your plane was about to crash, who would you want sitting next to you?
- Which of the presidents was your favorite?
- How long of a consecutive time have you spent in a car?
- What is your favorite Halloween costume?
- How can you tell if some one is a nerd?
- If you could teach any grade or subject what would it be?
- What fashion trend do you just not get?
- If you where a wicked tyrant what country would you rule?
- What is the lowest grade you have ever been given what class was it for?
- If you could choose your nickname what would it be?
- What is your best feature?
- If you could swim in any liquid what would it be and why?
- What is the song you hear most often?
- What have you done that you are most proud of?
- How many keys do you have on your key ring?
- What is your favorite song?
- How old where you when you had the worst hair cut ever what style was it?
- What advice did you get that was the most rewarding?
- If you could change one thing about your looks what would it be?
- What is your least favorite type of music?
- If you where a super hero what would your powers be?
- What fortune would you want to get from a fortune cookie?
- What is one food you wouldn’t want to give up?
- If you won a million dollars what would you buy?
- If you had access to a time machine where and when would you go?
- If you could add a person to Mount Rushmore who would it be, why?
- If you could win any award what would it be, why?
- If you could teleport where would you go, why?
- What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
How to use Ice Breaker for College Students
This collection of Ice Breaker for College Students will work well when implemented. Communication is very important in building relationship, friendship, and other types of hubs.
The easiest way to use the effectively is to be brave enough to start it.
All you need to to is to open your mouth, start using the questions, and you are ready to go.
Trust me. It’s so much fun.
Are you shy?
Try to break it. Just start asking questions using the above examples.
Various Functions of Ice Breaker Questions
When conducting a meeting, and you are as the leader, icebreaker questions for meetings are certainly needed. Very often, when everyone participating the meeting gets stuck due to different opinions, or when the topic to discuss in the meeting covers various things that the meeting takes longer time than usual and that everyone is exhausted, asking a question that can break the stressing situation can bring great benefit. It is a kind of a refreshing drink in the desert.
even In Small Group Meetings icebreaking question can be very handy. Arguing one another for standing his/her point of view in a small group discussion may not be avoided.
In Work place, a worker is often burnt out of multiple and a bunch of task and reports to be done. If there were anybody in the work place to stand out and asking silly questions that break the rush hour, we should be thankful to his action because pause all the pressure for a second and it brings cool air to breath in.
Another case is related to Team Building Activities. In an activity that involve a group of people gathered in a team for accomplishing specific game, it is very often that before they started to play the game in a team, they need to know each other well so that they build strong relationship among the team members. When the team is solid, they will likely to perform well. one of the ways to get them closer is to use ice breaking questions so that they know each other and they can get along very well.
Ice breaking questions are essential when Educating Kids, teens, youth groups, talking to Adults, and to deal with Tinder.
In Virtual Meetings
Nowadays, especially since the outbreak of Corona Virus (Covid-19), students start to study at home. School teaching is conducted through virtual meetings using platforms like Zoom, Google meet, Webex, etc.
Not only in educational sectors, it’s even in business sectors, and nearly all sectors requiring discussions with co-workers and partners.
It is very similar to the conditions in offline meetings that participants tend to get bored of joining a meeting for a long time.
Listening to other person talking via video conference platform can really be boring, tiring, exhausting.
When all that kind of bad things come, Ice Breaker Questions are the solution.
Preparation For Teachers
Teacher can make the most and the best out of Ice Breaker Questions, but she need to planned it well. A lesson plan outline sample would be helpful for this preparation.