The Cell Cycle Coloring Worksheet in pdf and The editable version in doc or editable in Microsoft word and Google Docs.
The Cell Cycle Coloring Worksheet PDF
Use the diagram and your notes to answer the following questions.
- What is a series of events that cells go through as they grow and divide?
- What is the longest stage of the cell cycle called?
- During what stage does the (G1, S, and G2 phases happen?
- Together, Mitosis and Cytokinesis, are considered what part of the cell cycle?
- During what phase of the cell cycle is DNA replicated?
- During what phase of the cell cycle does the cell grow?
The Cell Cycle Coloring Worksheet. Label the diagram below with the following labels:
- Cell division (M Phase)
- S-DNA replication
- G1 – cell grows
- G2 – prepares for mitosis
Label the parts of the cell cycle diagram and briefly describe what is happening:
- Interphase – cell is growing and preparing for division.
- G1 – growth and normal cell function
- S – DNA replication
- G2 – growth, preparation for division, duplicate organelles
- Prophase – nuclear envelope dissolves, mitotic apparatus set up, DNA condenses.
- Anaphase – sister chromatids separate and are pulled to poles of cell.
- Metaphase – chromosome line up in center
- Mitosis – nuclear division
- Telophase – nuclei reform, DNA relaxes into chromatin, cleaveage furrow or cell plate forms
- Cytokinesis – the rest of the cell divides
- What is the name for the “in between” phase in cell divisions?
- In interphase, the DNA is in the form of loose threads called?
- During prophase, DNA condenses into X-shaped structures called?
- During metaphase the chromosomes line up along the middle of the cell called the?
- During what stage do the chromosomes pull apart?
- Another name for cell division is?
- What structure reappears during telophase?
- During which stage does the DNA copy itself?
- The spindle attaches to what structures?
- During what phase does the spindle form?
- During what phase of mitosis do centromeres divide and the chromosomes move toward their respective poles?
- What is the phase where chromatin condenses to form chromosomes?
- What is the name of the structure that connects the two chromatids?
- In a chromosome pair connected by a centromere, what is each individual chromosome called?
- What are the two parts of cell division?
- What structure forms in prophase along which the chromosomes move?
- Which phase of mitosis is the last phase that chromatids are together?
- Which phase of the cell cycle is characterized by a non-dividing cell?
- What structure is produced when protein fibers radiate from centrioles?
- What forms across the center of a plant cell near the end of telophase?
- The period of cell growth and development between mitotic divisions?
Short answer, complete the table, labelling, coloring, diagram identification
Reading test, short answer, fill in the blanks
Write true if the statement is true or false if the statement is false.
- Cell division is basically the same in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
- Cytokinesis is the division of the cytoplasm.
- Mitosis is the process in which the nucleus of the cell divides.
- DNA replication results in identical chromosomes.
- A cell spends most of its life in growth phase 1 of the cell cycle.
- The S checkpoint, just before entry into S phase, makes the key decision of whether the cell should divide.
- The correct order of phases of the cell cycle is G1 → S → G2 → M.
- Interphase consists of mitosis and cytokinesis.
- In prokaryotic cells, all organelles, such as the Golgi apparatus and endoplasmic reticulum, divide prior to cell division.
- Bacteria divide cells by binary fusion.
- A mass of abnormal cells is called a tumor.
- Organelles are made during growth phase 2.
- In eukaryotic cells, DNA is replicated during the S phase of the cell cycle.
- If the cell cycle is not regulated, cancer may develop.
- Mitosis occurs in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
Mitosis and asexual reproduction require one parent. Label the following diagram of mitosis of an animal cell.
- What is meant by the cell cycle or cell division cycle? Series of events between the formation of a cell and the moment of replication
- In what type of cells — prokaryotes or eukaryotes — does the cell cycle occur? Eukaryotic
- Name the 2 main PHASES of the cell cycle. Interphase and mitosis
- Interphase is in between the times when a cell is dividing.
- What is occurring in a cell during interphase? Normal metabolic functions
- What is occurring during the mitosis phase? Cell replication
- A fertilized cell develops into a mature organism during the cell cycle.
- Name three things that form during the cycle. Hair, skin, blood cells, internal organs
editable in microsoft word or google docs
- What moves the chromatids during mitosis?
- What anchors the spindle?
- What are the four phases of mitosis?
- How many daughter cells are created from mitosis and cytokinesis?
- During what phase does cytokinesis begin?
- If a human cell has 46 chromosomes, how many chromosomes will be in each daughter cell?
- If a dog cell has 72 chromosomes, how many daughter cells will be created during a single cell cycle?
…..Each of these daughter cells will have how many chromosomes?
- The nuclear membrane dissolves during what phase?
- In the cell pictured above, how many chromosomes are present during prophase?
- What structure holds the individual chromatids together?
LABEL the stages of Mitosis for the animal cells below. COLOR the stages for mitosis in the plant cells above and the animal cells below the following colors: INTERPHASE- pink, PROPHASE – green, METAPHASE – red, ANAPHASE – blue, TELOPHASE – yellow.
Lesson Plan Template Google Docs
12 FREE Printable Periodic Tables PDF, PNG, SVG HD
21 Best Free Online Virtual Museum Tours For Kids
Free Flash Card Template for Word