Printable Texts for Blackout Poetry pdf. Here are some pdf pages that you can use for your Blackout Poetry project. I provide you with one sample from the entire page. You can download the entire pages so that you can select a page that you want for your blackout poetry. Print one that you need, and start crafting your masterpiece.
Get the Printable Texts for Blackout Poetry pdf
Printable Texts for Blackout Poetry pdf ALL PAGES
The following is the ebook pdf containing text of literary work that is rich of words that you can use for your blackout poetry task. Download the book. Select the one you like. Print that selected page, and you can start creating. You can read the guide on how to create a blackout poetry.
Blackout Poetry Examples
Using the above text sample, you can create blackout poem like this:
or, totally blackout like this:
Tips for Creating Blackout Poetry
- You will take an existing text and turn it into a new work of art, leaving off the majority of the original language to emphasize a new meaning combined with your own distinctive visual style.
- Search for the words that stick out, recur, or relate to the issues you wish to explore in your poetry by starting with the most striking ones.
- Before you begin blacking out the remainder of the words, outline the ones you’re retaining first.
- The length of your finished poem should be around 15 words. You should be able to understand the poem by reading it from left to right and from top to bottom. Two-word phrases that are singular units are acceptable.
- You don’t have to read your source material from beginning to end; you can bounce around, read from right to left, or whatever else your muse inspires.
- Consider using color and images in your design rather than simply blacking out the entire page.
What is Blackout Poetry?
Redacted poetry and erasure poetry are other names for blackout poetry. It is viewed as a form of “found poetry” as well. Blackout poetry makes use of content that was created by another person. A black marker is typically used by the novice writer or poet to black out specific passages of the text, leaving only a few words behind. The words that are left visible by a poet might vary depending on the poet themselves. The majority of poets aim to use the words they discover to create a coherent and logical poem. But some poets approach blackout poetry in a more haphazard and instinctive way.
Writing Blackout Poetry
Time needed: 1 hour.
While writing any kind of poem might seem overwhelming, making a blackout poem simply requires a few simple steps. Readers may learn more about these processes, which can be interpreted in several ways, below.
- Selecting a text
The first step is to locate a physical text that you wish to work with, such as an old book, magazine, newspaper article, journal entry, etc. The writing will be permanently altered after the blackout poetry has been created. This implies that one should pick an object that they don’t mind changing or destroying.
- Reading the passage
The next step is to read the section you have chosen, keeping an eye out for key words or phrases that you may include in your poetry. These might be lightly circled with a pencil or noted on a another sheet of paper.
The following and most crucial step is to use a black marker, such as a sharpie, and mark through the passages of the poetry that you are not interested in including. Whole sentences or paragraphs can be “erased,” but the text fragments you desire to keep in your poem will not be removed.
- Evaluating the remaining words
After you’ve finished removing anything you don’t want in your poem, read the words that are still there. You can believe that certain other words are not required for the text you are producing. If you have removed too much, you might need to rethink what you meant the poem to communicate and rewrite what is still there.
- Taking picture
To share your poem, take a picture of it or scan it. Unlike other types of poetry, blackout poems must be scanned or photographed. Now is the moment to take a picture of your poetry or scan it into your computer and share the image with others if you want them to read it.
Digital Art Websites
FREE Reading Websites
Free Google Docs Templates
Free Flash Card Template for Word