Booklet Template Google Docs. Google Docs is a great tool for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. But what if you need to create a booklet with the same layout on each page? If you’re not a designer, creating something like that from scratch can be pretty tough. That’s why we created this free Google Docs booklet template.
What is booklet?
A booklet is a type of publication that is printed on both sides of a sheet of paper. Usually, a booklet is one or two pages wide and ± A4 or Letter sized. Unlike a book, a booklet has no spine, so it can lie flat when open. As a result, a booklet can be printed on smaller sheets of paper, so it’s more cost-effective than printing a book. A booklet is also often shorter in length than a book, and it is usually created as a part of a larger publication or campaign. So a booklet may be used to provide information or instructions on a topic, or it may be used to collect signatures or to provide contact information. It is different from Google Docs Brochure Template.
What is a free booklet template for Google Docs?
A free booklet template for Google Docs is a pre-designed document that allows you to create a booklet in Google Docs. Using the booklet template, you can add content to the document and then change the design of each page to match the desired layout. A free booklet template for Google Docs lets you design your booklet without needing any special software. And using a Google Docs booklet template means you can create a booklet without needing to know how to design in Google Docs. A Google Docs booklet template can also help you use consistent fonts, page breaks, page numbers, and other design elements throughout your booklet.
Why create a booklet in Google Docs?
There are many reasons why you might want to create a booklet using Google Docs. Those who want to create a booklet using Google Docs might want to do so because:
- They want to create a booklet that has a consistent design.
- They want to create a booklet that has consistent fonts and page breaks.
- They want to create a booklet that has the same number of pages on each side.
- They want to create a booklet that uses the same layout on each page.
- They want to create a booklet that can be printed at home.
How to use this free Google Docs booklet template?
- First, Download the free Google Docs booklet template by clicking the link below. – Open the booklet template in Google Docs.
- Select File > New to create a new document based on the layout of this booklet template. – Enter your content into the document and then select Design > Edit Page Layout.
- Select the page layout you want to edit the design of, and then select the elements you want to change.
- When you are done, select File > New and select Manage Versions.
- Select Save a New Version and then select Create Another Version.
- Enter a new name and select Create Version. – Select Save to save your changes to this new version of your document.
- Print your document or select File > Export to save it as a PDF or Word document.
- Share the document with others and select File > Close once you are done.
Tips for using this Google Docs booklet template
- If you are using a Google Drive account, you can create folders to organize your documents. To do this, select Create > New Folder. If you don’t use Google Drive, you can create folders on your computer.
- Use consistent page breaks to create a consistent design. To do this, select Insert > Break > Next Page. You can also use different page breaks to create a different design for different pages. For example, you might use a No Break break to create a design that spans both sides of a page.
- Use consistent fonts throughout your booklet. To do this, select the text you want to change and then select Font > Font Options.
- You can print your document at home by selecting File > Print.
- To share your document with others, select File > Share > Send a Copy. You can also share your document online by selecting File > Share > Online.
- To change the width of your pages, select Page > Page Properties and then select the Paper option. You can also change the margins and the font size used in your document by selecting Format > Document > Paper Options.
- You can create a table of contents by selecting Insert > Table of Contents. You can also add page numbers to your document by selecting Insert > Index and Tables > Page Numbers > Add Page Numbers to Selected.
- You can change the numbers and text in your table of contents by selecting Design > Table of Contents.
- If you are creating a booklet with one page on each side, you can change the layout of your pages by selecting Document > Document Properties. Select the Layout tab, select Custom, and then select One Sided Two Pages.
- You can use your free Google Docs booklet template to create books using the Create App functionality. Create apps are available for Google Sheets and Google Slides as well as Google Docs.
Print your booklet using this Google Docs booklet template
To print your booklet using this Google Docs booklet template, select File > Print. Select the printer you want to use, select the number of copies you want to print, and then select the paper size and other options. If you are using an A4 paper size, select either A4 or Letter to determine the size of your pages. If you are using an ISO paper size, select ISO A or ISO B. If you want to print your document in landscape mode, select the Landscape option under Page Orientation. If you want to print your document in portrait mode, select the Portrait option under Page Orientation.
Booklet templates are available in many formats, and if you want to make a booklet, I think it is better for you to create your own booklet using booklet templates google docs provide. However, if you find that the booklet designs offered there are not the format of booklet or booklet format that you are looking for, you can use this one.
There are certain situations in which you need to make your own booklet. In that case, you need to learn how to make a booklet. If you currently have no idea about how to make booklet, you can actually use this booklet template design. Learning how to create a booklet can take awhile, but as long as you keep practicing editing booklet layout template, you will successfully have your own printable booklet.
make your own booklet
After practicing editing this template (above), you will be able to create or make your own booklet. While editing, you are learning they layout characteristics, and other elements that make a booklet. Soon, you will be familiar with the process too, and thus it will take you fast forward in creating your own.
The booklet format are commonly simple. It is like a book, but it contains only few pages. Sometimes there are 8 pages, and some others use 12 pages. There is no strict rule in the number of pages to use in a booklet, but those two numbers are commonly used.
booklet template design
This (above) booklet template design is provided for school settings, but if you want to use it for other settings, go ahead. All you need to do is to change the color, images, fort, and other elements that make your booklet specific to the theme that you want.
Is the booklet printable? Of course. You can print the booklet that you edit in google docs. You can also just share it online via pdf.
booklet layout template
The booklet layout template are usually simple. Not to much extra confusing composition. If you observe the above template, you will get an idea and believe that a good booklet doesn’t have to be complicated.
mini booklet template
What about mini booklet? Can I make it? Of course, all you need to do is to change the size, adjust all the overflowing size of the initial template. It will surely take time for you to customise when using mini size, but the time spent is worth a dime.
what makes a good booklet
You may want to know what makes a good booklet. Well, the basic element is the information. The information is the king. That is the key to the success of a booklet. The second element that makes a good booklet is the simplicity of the layout. The last one is the representative image that gather the attention of the readers.
cover page for booklet
Does a booklet needs a cover page? Sure, you can see that the template above begins with a cover.
folding booklet template
Making folding booklet using the above template is possible, but you need to do more adjustment, that is at the printing station. Tell the guy operating the printer that you want to make a booklet. He will adjust the paper size and all the things required to make a folding booklet.
You need more booklet example? I promise that I will make more template so that you can see them as examples for your projects and programs.
blank booklet template
I don’t really agree with the use of blank booklet template because blank template will not give ideas to the user. Usually they get confuse when looking at blank template. They have no idea about what to do with the template.
This free Google Docs booklet template lets you design a booklet in your Google Docs document. Using this Google Docs booklet template, you can create a booklet with a consistent design by changing the design of each page. You can also use this Google Docs booklet template to create a booklet with the same number of pages on each side. You can use this Google Docs booklet template to create a booklet that can be printed at home.